Skip to main content

Motherly advice from a Father

                                         

By The Urban Blabbermouth

One of the crucial and most embarrassing conversations to have with your daughter is to tell her about boyfriends.  One has to be sure to give her advice, otherwise she will learn on her own and make some pretty stupid mistakes.  This conversation is necessarily short as men are notoriously poor at giving advice to women and father-to-daughter advice fares no better.  But do be careful.  Boundaries must be maintained so as not to intrude too much into her privacy or worse, to show her how you were a cad in your years as a boyfriend.

So here it is: a daughter should have three boyfriends at all times.
  • Boyfriend No. 1 is for sociability.  This is the guy you hang out with.  He is the one who you talk to, who takes you shopping and is your best friend.
  • Boyfriend No. 2 is the wallet.  He is the one to call when you are spending big bucks on trips or expensive purchases.
  • Boyfriend No. 3 is for the bedroom.  This is self explanatory.  Invoke boundary rules and tell her to call her mom.
Advise her that most guys only fit one trait, hence the three-boyfriend rule and it is extremely rare to find all three traits in one man.  If she finds two of the three traits in one man, then marry him.  If she gets lucky and find all three traits in one man, then get on her knees every day and thank God for His extreme kindness.

There are other traits such as a Fixer to make lots of repairs around the house but don’t bother to look for those.  That is what her brother is for, call him.

Nuf said.

Comments

The Urban Blabbermouth said…
Saw an on-line dating stat: men with high incomes get more interest from women regardless of their looks. The Wallet BF wins!

I should write a post on, "My Trophy Millionaire Husband." hahaha
Gisele Bechauf said…
Good advise!
I always said women should marry a gay man and a straight man. Gay is for shopping and hanging with, and the other for the bedroom lol
So this was close ;)
Anonymous said…
Yeah, great advice but you left out one point. Tell your daughter to never marry a man who has never lived on his own.

A man who has lived on his own, away from his mother, will learn to cook, clean, and do laundry and your daughter will not have to teach him this.

Popular posts from this blog

Memoir - The Year of Kent State

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I wanted to write a fictional memoir and it got away from me. 

Original
I was born in the Year of Kent State. I didn't know. I was watching a cable channel specializing in historical programs, in this case, newsworthy events from the 1970s. The Ohio National Guard shot 13 unarmed students protesting the Vietnam War on the Kent State University campus. Four students died. By the time I was aware of a bigger world than my own, Kent State passed into history.

Climbing to New Heights

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
It started when I was ten.  I was riding shotgun with my father when a small plane crossed the highway in front of us.  The plane floated gently to its landing, like it had all the time in the world.  It was beautiful.  I knew then I wanted to be a pilot.  

I dreamed of soaring with the clouds and flying through them.  I could go anywhere the crow flies.  No stuck in traffic following a road as laid out by some anonymous engineer.  I could fly with the birds, although, I never thought myself a bird.  I loved the freedom.

But, I fear heights.  

It's not just any heights, it's low heights, the kind you get with stairs, balconies, bridges, and landing airplanes.  When I fly on airlines as a passenger, I look out the window at thirty thousand feet, no fear.  Somewhere between six feet, my height, and thirty thousand feet, airplane's height, lives my fear, a mysterious feeling that emerges from my stomach and rises up into my chest.  I can't…

Im gonna git u Sukkah

by The Urban Blabbermouth [who may or may not be shown in the photo above... - v-E] ~ True story. I am walking to my car and I notice a couple of Jewish fellows, twenty somethings, with the bouquets of what looks like bamboo or palm. I know they are Jewish for they look Hasidic. They are wearing long black jackets, wide brim black fedora hats, and have curly sideburns. In truth, I classify all Jewish who dress like this as Hasidic although they may identify themselves differently. They are standing near the corner canvassing passersby.