Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Food Friendsy

                         

(alternate title: Dinnerwhere)

"Okay, tell me this again?" asks my dear Carl, who should be used to my evening activities by now, but probably never will be.  He's in charge of dinner most nights and needs to know if it will be for two, or just one.

So this week, even I have to double-check the calendar because there's so much going on!

Monday and Tuesday I'm in for the night. Thank goodness, since those are usually my two craziest days at work.

Wednesday: A potluck at church with informal meditation and group reading. Starts at 5:30, so I won't be home for dinner. Normally I don't attend these because Wednesday is when I'm broke, but this week I'll simply pick up some fill-in food like drinks or chips or dessert. Everybody knows they're better off if I don't cook anyway.

Thursday: I will be home for dinner, but then right back out again for a committee meeting at church.

Friday: See ya, Carl--probably not until mid-afternoon Saturday since after work Friday I'm going directly to a brotherhood-sisterhood Shabbat service at a local synagogue, after which is dinner, consisting of some amazing kosher food. By the time I get home, Carl will have been in bed 3-4 hours; he gets up at some ridiculous morning hour and comes trudging home around 3:00 pm.

Next week: Probably the same Wednesday night potluck thing, then home for dinner & right back out Thursday (board meeting at church), and then Friday, out with a group that calls itself Roger's Rebels. Roger can't join us; not sure why. I suspect he doesn't like the name Roger's Rebels. But with or without him, we're having dinner. We haven't decided whether it will be at a local Chinese buffet or at a homestyle/family restaurant that we all like. Probably the latter. We're a good group; we bring out the best in each other. I'm ready for fried green tomatoes.

Or sushi.

/v

4 comments:

The Urban Blabbermouth said...

We have Shrimp and Broccoli in Garlic sauce every Friday night for the last 25 years.

For the hidden foodie in you, here is an amazing web site:
http://www.feedmeimhungry.com

Vol-E said...

What a great site! I must make the pizza in my cast-iron skillet. And one day the hand-crank pasta maker will come back into service. It really needs 2 people - one to crank, one to catch the noodles as they come out.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You must have an extra large calendar on your fridge to keep track of your comings and goings.

Vol-E said...

And sometimes I actually write on it... :)