Skip to main content

Analyze This, Part 6B-1: One purse on a strap, the other on 4 wheels

                                 

Note: Surely you're not new to this blog...you know I'm breaking down my consumer purchase habits. Right? No? Well, welcome to my world. Enjoy...

~
Now that we've established that people often let a lot of stuff accumulate in their purses and other bags, let's see what's accumulated in mine.

I've had the purse a long time. No brand name, or even a recollection of where it came from. It's medium small, a "slouch" style, in green faux leather, and it's usually roomy enough.

The wallet was acquired via Ebay; it's a Rolf's. A huge brown leather clutch with a checkbook, calculator, a pen loop, card slots and pockets galore. It's the kind of wallet your mom carried, and I love it.

I flirted with the Getting Things Done system for awhile, but found it too cumbersome. The only concept I adopted from it was something called a Ubiquitous Capture Tool. You're supposed to write down every thought or idea or to-do in your life and have them all in one place before you go on to the next phase of sorting them out to eventually act upon. I do use one small pocket weekly calendar for all my appointments and things to remember. It was a freebie from my company, made by Myron Manufacturing, which specializes in promotional items like this one. It has a notepad, a bookmark, maps and plenty of room for scribbles. It's just the right size and it will be great if I can get one every year.

I have a wide-tooth comb that I occasionally remember to use -- this will come as a shock to many who know me, and have become used to me looking like somebody shot me out of a cannon. I've had it for nearly eight years; it came from Avon and has a matching round brush that I still have ... somewhere.

Another freebie from my company, via the National Pen Company, is a clip-on strap. I attach it to one of the rings at the base of the purse strap, and to that is fastened both my door badge for work and a 1GB retractable flash drive from SanDisk. It comes in handy every so often.

My cellphone is about 4 years old. It's an LG Rumor 2 -- serviceable, though I'm really beginning to crave a smartphone -- and my carrier is Sprint.

Two makeup items: A tube of Cover Girl Wet Slicks gloss, not much color, but it tastes like peppermint, which comes in handy when I run out of breath mints. Feels tingly.  A tube of Maybelline Great Lash mascara. It's okay, but so far I have not been able to find a brand of mascara that doesn't end up smearing and making me look like the Raccoon from Hell by the end of the day. There's a small bottle of Walgreen's Lubricating Eye Drops, which I should use 2-3 times a day but it's more like 2-3 times a month. I wear eyeglasses but the frames are not designer. The case says Vision Source on it, and there's a TM after that, so I guess that's a brand name.

Pens! Ah, now we're getting to a subject I care about. There are two in my purse at the moment. Both retractable. One is a Foray, and the other is a Papermate Ink Joy. I really like the Ink Joy. It's the right length and writes very smoothly without skipping. I recommend it.

And that's all that's in my purse for now. I got rid of the receipts already.

I don't have any particular place where my purse always stays. Sometimes the kitchen counter, sometimes on a chair near a table near a window (usually with a jacket thrown over it in case a burglar is looking in the window, and they apparently do that a lot); sometimes on the couch.

[The living room! Forgot that part of the house. We have a Sharp CRT TV from 2002 and a Coby DVD player, and a coffee table we got from Rooms to Go from when we first got married. Oh, and a rocking chair from Lane and a Bissell bagless vacuum cleaner. That's it for brand names. Everything else is beat-up stuff from yard sales and relatives.]

OK, purse zipped,keys in hand, time to head out to the car.

Next time! Stay tuned.

Analyze This, Inquiring Minds want to know, - part 1



Comments

4-wheel purse, that is so great.
Your living room sounds surprisingly (or perhaps not so surprisingly) like mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Memoir - The Year of Kent State

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I wanted to write a fictional memoir and it got away from me. 

Original
I was born in the Year of Kent State. I didn't know. I was watching a cable channel specializing in historical programs, in this case, newsworthy events from the 1970s. The Ohio National Guard shot 13 unarmed students protesting the Vietnam War on the Kent State University campus. Four students died. By the time I was aware of a bigger world than my own, Kent State passed into history.

Im gonna git u Sukkah

by The Urban Blabbermouth [who may or may not be shown in the photo above... - v-E] ~ True story. I am walking to my car and I notice a couple of Jewish fellows, twenty somethings, with the bouquets of what looks like bamboo or palm. I know they are Jewish for they look Hasidic. They are wearing long black jackets, wide brim black fedora hats, and have curly sideburns. In truth, I classify all Jewish who dress like this as Hasidic although they may identify themselves differently. They are standing near the corner canvassing passersby.

American Lottery

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
America elected a Black man as President of the Unites States. Twice!  Black people did not do this.  If all the black people voted for Barack Obama, he would only get 13 percent of the vote.  Throw in the Hispanics, the brown ones, not the white ones, and the vote would bloom to 21 percent. Not enough.  So it was the white Americans who elected Barack Obama. 

It is slowly becoming clearer why they would do that instead of electing the other white guy who ran against Barack Obama.  Obama stood for change.  His campaign slogan was "Change we can believe in" and "Yes We Can".  The white people wanted him to change America to bring back their good old days. 

There is a trend here starting with Barack Obama, the election of an improbable candidate, a black man, by white people in a unresolved racially divided America, who spoke of hope, change and an improved America ... to …