Skip to main content

Hello...

                                    

Vol-E

Yes, it's really me.

Here's what's been happening:

In October 2014, my son came to stay with us. Yay!
In November, I had the opportunity to purchase a used Windows 7 desktop computer from my employer for a very reasonable sum. I sold my old 2006 Windows XP computer on Craigslist.Yay!
Day after Christmas, the hard drive on the new computer died. Boo!
Soon after, we cancelled our internet service. I mean, who needed it with no computer?Boo!
In February 2015, my cellphone carrier told me I was using way too much data on my unlimited plan and kindly offered to buy me out. The amount they were offering would have been enough to pay for a nice new computer. Mostly Yay!
Except we ended up using it to buy a new refrigerator, which we'd been needing for about 11 months.Yay!
I switched cell providers but could not get unlimited data. Boo!All I could get was 5GB per month, which I managed to use up within about 2 weeks.Boo!
Everyone kept telling me about this thing called wi-fi, which sounded way too complicated for me.Boo!
But then somebody finally explained it. Yay!
At about the same time, a friend from church got rid of her old computer and now I have it.Yay!
Time to revisit the internet situation...
One of the BIG providers was running a special, which gives me a year of very affordable internet, and a wi-fi router, which I can use with my phone and not use so much data.Yay!
Which means I can post here again (hard to blog from a smartphone keyboard).Yay!

Meanwhile...
My son got:
A girlfriend in February,
A good-paying job in May,
And (with the aforementioned girlfriend), his own apartment in May.
...all Yay!

It's a new day. 

Now tell me: What's new with you? Use the comments!

Ta for now.

Comments

My computer was working but I ran out of funny creative ideas. To pass the time, I joined Quora, a question and answer site. The Quora people limited my account because they did not like my Nom de Plume. Their website, their rules.

I read some of the Q&A. Lots of questions like how do I become rich and some how do I live a better life and help the world. I would like to see more of the latter.

I must say that there are lots of people there. If any of you readers are members of Quora, I would appreciate if you would post a link in your Quora answer to your favorite post here. Only do so occasionally and when appropriate as Quora has rules against spamming. Thank you for that.

A few ideas have come to me lately but so far not funny at all. My ego demands that I share them anyway. LOL

Glad to have you back. Be well.

Popular posts from this blog

Memoir - The Year of Kent State

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I wanted to write a fictional memoir and it got away from me. 

Original
I was born in the Year of Kent State. I didn't know. I was watching a cable channel specializing in historical programs, in this case, newsworthy events from the 1970s. The Ohio National Guard shot 13 unarmed students protesting the Vietnam War on the Kent State University campus. Four students died. By the time I was aware of a bigger world than my own, Kent State passed into history.

Climbing to New Heights

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
It started when I was ten.  I was riding shotgun with my father when a small plane crossed the highway in front of us.  The plane floated gently to its landing, like it had all the time in the world.  It was beautiful.  I knew then I wanted to be a pilot.  

I dreamed of soaring with the clouds and flying through them.  I could go anywhere the crow flies.  No stuck in traffic following a road as laid out by some anonymous engineer.  I could fly with the birds, although, I never thought myself a bird.  I loved the freedom.

But, I fear heights.  

It's not just any heights, it's low heights, the kind you get with stairs, balconies, bridges, and landing airplanes.  When I fly on airlines as a passenger, I look out the window at thirty thousand feet, no fear.  Somewhere between six feet, my height, and thirty thousand feet, airplane's height, lives my fear, a mysterious feeling that emerges from my stomach and rises up into my chest.  I can't…

Im gonna git u Sukkah

by The Urban Blabbermouth [who may or may not be shown in the photo above... - v-E] ~ True story. I am walking to my car and I notice a couple of Jewish fellows, twenty somethings, with the bouquets of what looks like bamboo or palm. I know they are Jewish for they look Hasidic. They are wearing long black jackets, wide brim black fedora hats, and have curly sideburns. In truth, I classify all Jewish who dress like this as Hasidic although they may identify themselves differently. They are standing near the corner canvassing passersby.