Skip to main content

Dollars and Sex

                        Image result for man with rich wife college degree
by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I was browsing several economic blogs, satisfying my prurient interest in money, when I came across an unexpected book, Dollars and Sex: How Economics Influences Sex and Love,by Dr. Marina Adshade.  Yeah, the title caught me.  I have not yet finished reading it, so this is not a review but an exploration of the lesson I learned at this point.

I saw a statistic in the book that says, more or less, that there are more women enrolled in college than men.  That seems to be the case for women of all races and backgrounds.  So there are more Black, White, and Hispanic women in college than men of the same race.


I presume that if there are more women in college, then there will, at some future date, be more women with degrees than men.  More women doctors, lawyers, engineers, more women everything!

In the past, women were told to go to college to find and marry a professional man ("getting an M.R.S. degree," as it was known in those days).  This insured the women's security and well-being during their motherhood years as well as also securing their retirement into grandmotherhood.  But, somewhere along the line, women got the odd idea that while they were in college, they may as well do some studying too.  Next thing you know, women got ambitious and now female students outnumber male students.

What’s a guy to do?  Let me tell you -- guys should start going to college to pick their wives.

Guys, take advantage of this opportunity and pick one of these fine women as your new wife.  No longer will you be looking for a trophy wife instead you will become the trophy husband.  Look for women with that raw entrepreneurial spirit and the potential to earn high incomes.  You will end up a house dad but you will be well taken care off and you will secure your retirement into grandfatherhood.

So fellas, go to college.  You will meet a better class of women there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memoir - The Year of Kent State

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I wanted to write a fictional memoir and it got away from me. 

Original
I was born in the Year of Kent State. I didn't know. I was watching a cable channel specializing in historical programs, in this case, newsworthy events from the 1970s. The Ohio National Guard shot 13 unarmed students protesting the Vietnam War on the Kent State University campus. Four students died. By the time I was aware of a bigger world than my own, Kent State passed into history.

Climbing to New Heights

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
It started when I was ten.  I was riding shotgun with my father when a small plane crossed the highway in front of us.  The plane floated gently to its landing, like it had all the time in the world.  It was beautiful.  I knew then I wanted to be a pilot.  

I dreamed of soaring with the clouds and flying through them.  I could go anywhere the crow flies.  No stuck in traffic following a road as laid out by some anonymous engineer.  I could fly with the birds, although, I never thought myself a bird.  I loved the freedom.

But, I fear heights.  

It's not just any heights, it's low heights, the kind you get with stairs, balconies, bridges, and landing airplanes.  When I fly on airlines as a passenger, I look out the window at thirty thousand feet, no fear.  Somewhere between six feet, my height, and thirty thousand feet, airplane's height, lives my fear, a mysterious feeling that emerges from my stomach and rises up into my chest.  I can't…

Im gonna git u Sukkah

by The Urban Blabbermouth [who may or may not be shown in the photo above... - v-E] ~ True story. I am walking to my car and I notice a couple of Jewish fellows, twenty somethings, with the bouquets of what looks like bamboo or palm. I know they are Jewish for they look Hasidic. They are wearing long black jackets, wide brim black fedora hats, and have curly sideburns. In truth, I classify all Jewish who dress like this as Hasidic although they may identify themselves differently. They are standing near the corner canvassing passersby.