Skip to main content

God's Plan for Man

                              Image result for unknown paternity

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
As the top dog, the Alpha male of the pack, he guarded his harem like, well, like a rabid dog. He could not help himself, it is what God had created in him. His sole purpose in life was to sire as many pups as he could for as long as he could.  God favored the Alpha and nick-named him Abe.

Abe was a wily Alpha. He was always on patrol for intruders. To keep his harem to himself, he took over a den with a limited entrance as home to his harem. By this way, he could see any other male coming to sniff around. He would be able to challenge them and to chase them off. As the Alpha, he was mostly successful at this.

I say mostly because his harem did not share his views. The "wives" of his harem liked the idea that they can choose their mates. Some of them did not like the Alpha but they did comply to his wishes, at least they did so in his presence. He was, after all, The Alpha and he, and by extension, they, had extra privileges such as the first choice in any of the pack's kills. Many of the harem did prefer other males in the pack and certainly would have preferred a different alpha.

The trouble for Abe was that as much as he tried, he could not be every where. Some of his harem took advantage of this. They permitted other males in the pack to visit and indulged themselves in some very amorous activities. 
 
The other males in the pack were also wily.  When Abe was visiting one of his harem and was too busy to notice, the other males would sneak in and mate with any willing member of the harem.  The wily males would also act as wing-men for each other.  Some would approach the harem and engage the Alpha's attention and while Abe was chasing them, the others would meet up with willing members of the harem.  Such is the exciting life of pack males, always striving to gain the benefits of a harem or any kind of pack benefits for that matter.   

As you might expect, many of the pups born to the harem were not the offspring of the Alpha. The Abe did not know this.  So confident was he in his status as Alpha and in his measures to guard his harem that it never occurred to him that it was possible for a pup not to be his.

The pups benefited from the mixing of DNA pool. They inherited useful skills: the Alpha's strength and hunting talents; the wiliness of the lesser males; and the improved chances for the pack to survive and prosper.

God was contented as all was as it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memoir - The Year of Kent State

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
I wanted to write a fictional memoir and it got away from me. 

Original
I was born in the Year of Kent State. I didn't know. I was watching a cable channel specializing in historical programs, in this case, newsworthy events from the 1970s. The Ohio National Guard shot 13 unarmed students protesting the Vietnam War on the Kent State University campus. Four students died. By the time I was aware of a bigger world than my own, Kent State passed into history.

Climbing to New Heights

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
It started when I was ten.  I was riding shotgun with my father when a small plane crossed the highway in front of us.  The plane floated gently to its landing, like it had all the time in the world.  It was beautiful.  I knew then I wanted to be a pilot.  

I dreamed of soaring with the clouds and flying through them.  I could go anywhere the crow flies.  No stuck in traffic following a road as laid out by some anonymous engineer.  I could fly with the birds, although, I never thought myself a bird.  I loved the freedom.

But, I fear heights.  

It's not just any heights, it's low heights, the kind you get with stairs, balconies, bridges, and landing airplanes.  When I fly on airlines as a passenger, I look out the window at thirty thousand feet, no fear.  Somewhere between six feet, my height, and thirty thousand feet, airplane's height, lives my fear, a mysterious feeling that emerges from my stomach and rises up into my chest.  I can't…

Im gonna git u Sukkah

by The Urban Blabbermouth [who may or may not be shown in the photo above... - v-E] ~ True story. I am walking to my car and I notice a couple of Jewish fellows, twenty somethings, with the bouquets of what looks like bamboo or palm. I know they are Jewish for they look Hasidic. They are wearing long black jackets, wide brim black fedora hats, and have curly sideburns. In truth, I classify all Jewish who dress like this as Hasidic although they may identify themselves differently. They are standing near the corner canvassing passersby.