Saturday, May 21, 2016

Successfully Poor

                    

by The Urban Blabbermouth
~
Once again, I have money on my mind, a side effect of end-of-month bill paying.  I keep wondering why, at this point in my life, I am not rich.  I think back to my schooling as a young man and now I see the lack of proper training.  All my high school and college years did was to train me to be an employee of someone else.

It started with my high school teachers.  They were all about getting me into college.  I suppose that getting me into college made them look good but did nothing to teach me how to get rich.  All my teachers ever said was, “Take these exams, get top grades, then you will go to college and afterwards, a company will like you and will hire you.”  I suppose that my high school teachers can be forgiven as they were employees and were told the same things when they were students.

College was the last step in my education to become an employee.  It did not matter if I learned anything useful in any of my classes.  No professor ever said, “Take this class and you will learn how to double your income every year.”   What the professors did say, ad nauseam (I did learn something after all), was, “Take these exams, get top grades and a degree, then a company will like you and will hire you.”  There was never any training to be rich.  Hmm, it would behoove me to spend a little time thinking about why the rich are always funding college scholarships.

Since my education is lacking, it’s up to me to fix it.  There are lots of people claiming that they can help.  It’s so easy to be rich; at least that’s what I see on infomercials.  I went to one of those real estate seminars where they tell you to buy foreclosed houses and get rich.   At the seminar, the instructors tried to sell me books, DVDs, and more seminars.  The instructors were getting rich by selling me stuff on how to become rich instead of them becoming rich through foreclosed houses.

My friends are of no help either.  They are poor too.  They can only teach me to remain poor.  Never does any of our conversation go, “Wow, I made $50,000 in profits this week” or “Guess what I learned from Shark Tank last night” or “I just got this huge money making idea.”  Instead it’s “Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?”  It's the old saying, “The company you keep...”

In my old age, I don’t want to be working a lot.  I have already spent enough years working as an employee.   So I want a passive money maker, something where I can just sit there and the money rolls in.  Well, scratch that, I don't think anyone is about to appoint me CEO.

Or, I can write a book, “Change your Education and Get RICH!” and I will get rich by selling it to you at my seminar.

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I always found it so ironic that it really does take money to make money. Not sure how that works, but some people have figured it out, I guess.

Rod said...

It's called "exponential growth"